Frequently Asked Questions
Bus route information can be obtained via the Bus Book, OCTA website, or by calling the Customer Information Center. For local and regional information, click here. Your Trip Planner will ask for your starting point and destination, and provide you with a trip itinerary.
Get your information online by visiting our Routes and Schedules.
Bilingual representatives are available to assist you with your trip planning, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. You can reach a representative by calling (714) 636-RIDE (7433), press 1 and then 1 again. The Customer Information Center is open Monday - Friday 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m., Saturday and Sunday 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. and Holidays 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Arrive at the bus stop at least 10 minutes early. Be standing at the stop and ready to board when the bus arrives.
- Have exact fare ready. Fareboxes accept coins (no pennies) and dollar bills but do not make change. You may also show your monthly pass or day pass which are easier to use and save you money. Show proper identification if using a Senior & Disabled Pass each time you board a bus.
- Board the bus through the front doors.
- Please keep front seats available for disabled and senior patrons.
- As your stop approaches, ring the chime or pull the signal cord located along the inside windows. This signals the driver to stop at the next designated bus stop.
- Exit through the rear door. Hold onto the yellow tapes to ensure that the doors stay open. Please allow small children to exit first.
- Please be aware of the following while on the bus:
==No smoking on the bus.
==No eating or drinking on the bus.
==Service animals are allowed to accompany persons with disabilities.
==All radios, cassettes and compact disc players must be used with earphones.
1. Go to our home page, octa.net and click on the "Trip Planner" button near the top of the page.
2. Or visit the online trip planner. Please enter your starting point and destination, and then it will provide you with a trip itinerary. If you would like more specific information about an individual route, this information can be accessed by visiting our Routes and Schedules, or by taking the following steps:
- Go to our home page, octa.net.
- Move your mouse over “Bus” link.
- Select "Routes and Schedules".
- Select "Create Your Bus Book".
- Click on the icon in the “Download Route” column.
- If a change has been made to a route, it will be posted to our Riders' Alert Page.
You can download or print a timetable, or choose to look at a schedule for a connecting route. If you need further information about routes and schedules, please call our Customer Information Center at (714) 636-RIDE (7433), extension 1. The Customer Information Center is open weekdays 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m., weekends 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m and major holidays, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Let the bus driver know you are going to put your bike on the rack. Then load your bike onto the rack. When you board the bus, let the driver know where you will be exiting.
For your safety and convenience, exit the bus through the front door and tell the coach operator that you will be removing your bike from the bike rack. If your bike is the only one on the rack when you remove it, please put the bike rack in the upright position. You only need one hand to fold or unfold the bike rack.
Please have the following information ready to help us try to locate your item:
- Detailed description of the item.
- Date, time, service used, bus route and the direction you were traveling
- A photo ID issued from a recognized governmental agency will be required to claim any found items.
There are no public restrooms, and no loitering is allowed at the Lost and Found facility.