⚠️ 6/5/2023: IEOC and OC Line Alert: Tracks are closed between Laguna Niguel/ Mission Viejo and Oceanside
Lines Affected: Inland Empire-Orange County, Orange County Learn More →.
Please Be Courteous
- Each rider may occupy only one seat, and no feet on the seats, please.
- Store your bags under the seat if possible.
- Keep designated seats available for seniors and disabled passengers.
- Shoes and shirts required.
- Snacks are okay, but please use the trash cans on board.
- No smoking, alcohol, or hazardous materials on board the train. No smoking on station platforms where indicated.
- Use headphones when listening to music or watching DVDs.
- Be considerate of others when using your cell phone.
- No soliciting.
- No hoverboards are allowed on board.
- No e-cigarettes or vaping on board.
- Animals must be in a small pet carrier under the seat or on your lap. Service animals are welcome.
- Bikes are allowed on trains at all times. Motorized or three-wheeled bikes are not permitted. Please read Bike Cars for detailed information.
- Surfboards, boogie boards, skim boards, body boards and other types of water boards are permitted as long as they do not block aisles, seats or emergency exit windows.
- Metrolink trains are full accessible to persons with disabilities. Each train car has a fully accessible restroom.
- With a 48-hour advance request, a Metrolink Representative can provide assistance at the station. Please call 800-371-LINK (5465), or 800-698-4TDD (4833) for speech and hearing-impaired customers.
- A personal care attendant rides free with a passenger who is disabled.
- Service animals are welcome.
- Passengers requiring boarding assistance should wait at the top of the access ramp located at the end of the platform.
- Wheelchairs and Segways can only be accommodated on the lower level of the passenger car that stops opposite the platform access ramp. Brackets are available to secure wheelchairs during your trip, however, Metrolink does not currently have an approved method of securing Segways. Metrolink is not responsible for any damage caused to a Segway for any reason, including a sudden stop of the train. Segway transporters are not permitted on trains except when used as a mobility device for passengers with disabilities. Passengers should wait for the conductor to position the bridge plate to the access ramp before walking their Segways on or off the train.
- If asked, please provide the conductor with your disabled Metrolink ticket and proof of eligibility.
Help us keep your ride secure
Metrolink employees are trained to be security conscious. When you team up with us, we can be even more effective. Here’s how you can help:
Be Aware: If something doesn’t look right, tell your conductor, fare inspector, station security guard, or a police officer. You can also call 911 or 800-371-LINK (5465).
Be Informed: Know the locations of station entrances, exits and train platform phones.
Be Alert: Look for suspicious behavior or unattended packages and report them immediately.
Be Prepared: Have your own advance plan for maintaining contact with family members if separated during an emergency.