⚠️ 6/5/2023: IEOC and OC Line Alert: Tracks are closed between Laguna Niguel/ Mission Viejo and Oceanside
Lines Affected: Inland Empire-Orange County, Orange County Learn More →.
We're looking after your safety…so should you!
- Cross railroad tracks only at safe designated areas.
- Look both ways before crossing!
- Trains may not always sound their horns in quiet zones.
- Don't walk on the tracks. It's dangerous, against the law.
- Never play near or around railroad tracks.
- Learn and follow railroad warning signs.
- Don't go around or under when crossing arms are down.
Advance Warning and Crossbuck Signs
- Trains cannot stop quickly.
- Trains cannot swerve out of the way for people or things on the tracks.
- Trains can weigh up to 6,000 tons! If a train were to hit a car, it would be like a car running over a soda can.
- A train may extend three feet or more beyond the tracks.
- Trains can come at any time.
- Trains move in either direction at any time.
- Trains may be very quiet and may not give any warning.
Fun and Games
Parents, it is never too early to teach your kids about rail safety. Metrolink offers special comic books and a rail safety quiz to help you make sure your children are aware of the dangers of playing around trains.
Download the activity book to do a word search, maze and more.
Rail Tales with Max & Lucy
Read the comic book that shares the adventure of our rail safe superheroes.
Cuentos de trenes con Max y Lucy
Lea el libro cómico que comparte las aventuras de nuestros superhéroes del cuidado del ferrocarril.