Need help riding the bus?
Request a "How to Ride" presentation for your teens. Our presentation is lively, informative, and participants will receive a one-day bus pass to ride the bus with a friend or parent.
Just Ask Kids and TeensAs part of our youth outreach program, OCTA conducted youth focus group research throughout Orange County (ages 11 to 18). The research was compelling.
- The bus gave youth freedom or independence.
- They are most likely to ride the bus when parents felt that riding the bus was both advantageous and safe.
- After riding the bus, they thought the process was easy.
- Most rides are for leisure-time activities.
- Traveling with a friend or group increased sense of safety.
Teaching kids how to ride the bus and encouraging them to ride fosters a greater sense of independence at this critical stage of their development. Navigating around the community by bus also builds a sense of confidence young people can use for the rest of their lives.