- Metrolink connects six counties in Southern California—making it easier for students to take a study break and explore.
- All Metrolink student tickets and passes include FREE transfers on most connecting transit.
- You can earn points for the miles you travel that can be redeemed for FREE tickets when you sign up for SoCal Explorer.
- Our Personal Impact Calculator shows you how much you can save by taking the train and by doing so, how you significantly reduce your carbon footprint.
- Taking the train is easy when you know How-to-Ride.
Student Adventure Pass
You have a lot to juggle, and getting to school shouldn't be one of your worries. That's why Metrolink is here to make your life easier with FREE rides for students. The Student Adventure Pass makes it easier to connect to opportunities and experiences throughout SoCal, by train. Oh yeah, and it's free.
Stay Mobile With Your Student Adventure Pass
Getting your mobile Student Adventure Pass is as easy as 1-2-3!
- Download the Metrolink mobile app.
- Register an account using your school email.
- Verify your account via the confirmation email (check your spam folder) and you'll receive your Student Adventure Pass directly to your mobile to your mobile app wallet.
Grab your phone and valid student ID and you're good to go!
Where are you headed? Take the train to school, work, or adventures. With the Student Adventure Pass your ride is on us. Get on board.
Take Metrolink to School
How to Ride
The Student Adventure Pass is a grant-funded pilot program that enables students in Southern California to ride Metrolink for free. K-12, technical school, colleges, and university students are eligible.
Students MUST show ID upon inspection.
The Student Adventure Pass launches on Monday, October 9, 2023 and runs for six months or until grant-funding is exhausted.
Students can get their Student Adventure Pass on the Metrolink mobile app. Students must present a valid ticket and student ID when riding the train.
Simply download the app, register using your school email address, and verify your account via the confirmation email. You may need to check your spam folder. The Student Adventure Pass will appear in your mobile ticket wallet within 24-hours. Activate your Student Adventure Pass prior to boarding the train.
On ticket machines, students can access a paper ticket using the Student/Youth ticket type when selecting a One-Way Ticket, Round-Trip Ticket, 7-Day Pass, or Monthly Pass.