Pass On Traffic. Catch Metrolink.
Take the special USC Football Express from Orange County to watch the Trojans face off against the Oregon State Beavers on Saturday, September 27. Just board a convenient Metrolink train near your home and take it to L.A. Union Station. From there, transfer to L.A. Metro Rail and you’ll be at the L.A. Memorial Coliseum quickly and easily with a couple simple transfers. Transfers to L.A. Metro Rail are free. After the game, take the L.A. Metro Rail back to L.A. Union Station.
Riding Metrolink is Super Easy. Only $10 on Weekends.
Why fight your way through traffic and crowded parking lots? Riding Metrolink is easy and convenient. Just locate your station and schedule from the timetable below. Be sure to arrive at the station about 15 minutes before departure time. Then, buy your ticket right there on the platform from the easy-to-use ticket vending machines (TVM). Tickets are not sold on board.
At the TVM, select the $10 Metrolink Weekend Day Pass and pay by credit or debit cards or cash. Jump on the USC Football Express and enjoy a smooth hassle-free ride.
Some more good news: Once you buy your Metrolink Weekend Day Pass, you pay nothing for trains for the rest of the evening. Your transfer to the Los Angeles Metro is free!
How to Ride the USC Football Express to the L.A. Coliseum
Your trip begins in Orange County, continues into Los Angeles and brings you where you want to be…the L.A. Memorial Coliseum.
Begin your trip with Metrolink in Orange County
- Take Metrolink at the station nearest you (see schedule below)
- Arrive at L.A. Union Station at 5:25 p.m.
Continue on with Los Angeles Metro
No worries. No hassles. You’ll get there quickly and easily. Free transfers…no money required.
From L.A. Union Station to the L.A. Coliseum:
- Follow the signs and walk toward the Metro Red or Purple lines.
- When connecting to the Metro Rail, you must tap your ticket at the turnstile or validator for a valid transfer.
- Take Metro Red Line toward North Hollywood or Metro Purple Line toward Wilshire/Western (Trains leave every five minutes; travel time is also five minutes).
- Exit at 7th St./Metro Center Station. You will need to tap your ticket at the turnstile or validator for a valid transfer on the Expo Line.
- From 7th St./Metro Center Station, take Expo Line toward Culver City (Almost there! Trains leave every 10 minutes; travel time is also 10 minutes).
- Exit at Expo Park/USC or Expo/Vermont Station and walk one block south to the LA Memorial Coliseum.
Your return home begins with Los Angeles Metro
- When connecting with the Metro Expo Line, you must tap your ticket at the turnstile or validator for a valid transfer.
- From Expo Park/USC or Expo/Vermont Station, take the Expo Line toward 7th St/Metro Center Station (Trains leave every 10 minutes).
- Exit at 7th St/Metro Center Station. You will need to tap your ticket at the turnstile or validator for a valid transfer to the Metro Red or Purple lines.
- From 7th St/Metro Center Station, take Metro Red Line or Purple Line toward L.A. Union Station (Trains leave every 10 minutes).
- Exit at L.A. Union Station.
Continue to Orange County with Metrolink
From L.A. Union Station:
The USC Football Express will depart L.A. Union Station one hour and 15 minutes after the game ends and travel south to Oceanside making and station stops.
Ready to cheer on your team? Let’s go!