Ride Metrolink FREE to L.A.’s 115th Golden Dragon Parade
Celebrate the Year of the Horse and the Lunar New Year by visiting the 115th Annual Golden Dragon Parade and Festival in Los Angeles Chinatown, one of the premier cultural events in southern California.
With colorful parades, elaborately decorated floats, marching bands, dignitaries and cultural performances by some of the nation’s best Chinese acts, the 115th Annual Golden Dragon Parade and Festival is fun for everyone. And because it’s held on a Saturday, the whole family can be there!
Enjoy the cultural workshops and sample the many gourmet food trucks. The Chinese New Year Festival is free and open to all ages.
Metrolink is the best way to get to Los Angeles for the Golden Dragon Parade. Why deal with freeway traffic and expensive parking?
Ride FREE on Metrolink!
Join OCTA in Irvine for a special Lunar New Year Celebration.
15215 Barranca Parkway
Irvine, CA 92618
On Saturday, February 1, 2014, arrive at the Irvine Metrolink Station at 8:00 a.m. The first 100 people there will receive a free round-trip Metrolink ticket to Los Angeles Union Station! (First come, first served.) Enjoy a special Lunar New Year program with traditional Lion Dancers. Bring your family to taste the delicious free refreshments provided by Champagne Bakery and 85° Bakery Cafe.
For a chance to spin the OCTA prize wheel, bring a non-perishable food item to donate to Second Harvest Food Bank of Orange County.
After the fun at the Irvine Station, take Metrolink to Los Angeles for the popular Golden Dragon Parade. Train departs from Irvine Station at 9:00 a.m.
Take Metrolink to L.A.’s 115th Golden Dragon Parade
- Take Metrolink train 661 at the station nearest to you.
- Arrive L.A. Union Station at 10:30 a.m.
- Transfer to the Metro Gold Line to Chinatown (first stop). Gold Line trains depart every 10 minutes.
- From the Gold Line Station, walk west on College Street, then turn left on N. Broadway for the parade.
Returning Home is Easy
- Depart Gold Line Chinatown at approximately 4:00 p.m. and arrive at L.A. Union Station. Gold Line trains depart every 15 minutes.
- Take Metrolink train 664 from L.A. Union Station at 4:40 p.m. to stations south. Check the schedules listed.
For more Metrolink Schedules, click here.
Special Metrolink Passes are Only $10 On Weekends
On weekends, you can ride Metrolink to Los Angeles or anywhere you please for only $10. Metrolink’s Weekend Day Pass is valid system-wide on Saturday or Sunday and is available for purchase at all Metrolink station ticket vending machines that have weekend service.