The West County Connectors project is a joint partnership between OCTA and Caltrans linking high occupancy vehicle (HOV) lanes/carpool lanes on the San Diego Freeway (I-405) with those on the Garden Grove Freeway (SR-22) and San Gabriel River Freeway (I-605) to create a seamless HOV connection amongst the three freeways.
The 6-mile project traverses the cities of Garden Grove, Westminster, Seal Beach, Los Alamitos, Long Beach and the community of Rossmoor.
Check out the video below to get a glimpse of what the WCC project will look like upon completion.
Project Improvements Incude:
- Constructing two direct carpool connectors
- Adding a second carpool lane in each direction on the I-405 between the SR-22 and the I-605
- Reconstructing on- and off-ramps
- Constructing soundwalls and retaining walls
- Adding landscaping and enhancing aesthetic elements
SR-22/I-405 HOV Segment (East Segment)
- Directly connect the westbound SR-22 carpool lane at Valley View Street to the carpool lane on the northbound I-405 and the reverse movement
- Reconstruct southbound I-405 to eastbound SR-22 connector
- Reconstruct the Valley View Street Bridge over the SR-22
I-405/I-605 HOV Segment (West Segment)
The I-405/I-605 Segment traverses through the cities of Seal Beach, Los Alamitos, Long Beach and the community of Rossmoor.
- Directly connect the northbound I-405 carpool lane to the carpool lane on the northbound I-605 and the reverse movement.
- Reconstruct the Seal Beach Boulevard bridge over I-405. Click for more information.
- Reconstruct the eastbound SR-22 to the northbound I-405 connector.
- Reconstruct the eastbound SR-22 to the northbound I-605 connector.
- Reconstruct the northbound I-405 to the westbound SR-22 connector /7th St .
WCC Twitter Feed
Click on the red markers and open house icons for additional project information.
Disclaimer: Please be advised this schedule is subject to change due to unforeseen operational factors or inclement weather.
WCC Project Schedule – May 2013