The Comprehensive Business Plan (CBP) is a business planning tool designed to assist the OCTA in implementing its strategic goals and objectives. The CBP encapsulates OCTA’s programs and outlines their goals and objectives, as articulated by the Board of Directors. This is accomplished within the framework of sound business practices to provide an effective and efficient multi-modal transportation network to the residents of Orange County. Through the use of financial modeling and divisional input and review, a comprehensive study of economic influences and programmatic needs and objectives are incorporated into a business planning document to ensure the financial viability of each of OCTA’s programs over a twenty-year horizon. The business plan is an evolving document that is updated annually in response to the ever-changing social, political, and economic environment. The CBP lays the foundation for the annual budget process and is consistent with the goals of the Strategic Plan, M2020 Plan, and Destination 2035, which is the approved Long-Range Transportation Plan. The CBP also provides the framework to ensure that items brought to the Board in the future are consistent with long-range initiatives and are financially feasible. The CBP does not authorize staff to enter into any contracts nor does it appropriate any funds. Decisions on specific programs and projects and associated funding appropriations are subject to future Board approval through the annual budget process or through specific Board action.
Interactive, optimized for Microsoft Internet Explorer:
FY 2014-15 Comprehensive Business Plan – Internet Explorer
About the interactive document:
This document is designed to be read on an electronic device or desktop and contains several unique features.
- Navigation buttons on the title page.
- The Table of Contents contains links to important sections of the document.
- The Board of Directors page contains links to the OCTA Bio's for each member of the Board.
- On the beginning pages of each program, there is an image with a "Play" symbol inside it, which links to a brief, informative video about the program/section you are reading.
- Many of the smaller data tables in the document are linked to larger images in the appendix. Click on the smaller image and it will take you to a larger image in the appendix. Click "Return to Document" in the appendix to return to the original page.
- The Bookmarks menu within the PDF contains links to all programs, menus, and the figures.
Other web browsers:
FY 2014-15 Comprehensive Business Plan